- The reboot of the Superman franchise, trying to make it all serious and fit in with Christopher Nolan-verse and eventually make the Justice League movie. They hope. So far I have my doubts. So far the film is pretty much Superman II.
- Stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, Kevin Costner, Diane Lane, Laurence Fishburne, Antje Traue, Ayelet Zurer, Christopher Meloni, and Russell Crowe. Directed by Zack Snyder. Rated PG-13.
- Two out of work guys get an internship for a chance to work at Google. This is definitely a fish out of water comedy.
- Stars Vince Vaughn, Owen Wilson, Joanna Garcia, and Aasif Mandvi. Directed by Shawn Levy. Rated PG-13.
- A team of magicians steals money during their shows and gives the money to their audience. This of course attracts the attention of the FBI who try to see through their tricks and stop them from stealing again.
- Stars Jesse Eisenberg, Mark Ruffalo, Woody Harrelson, Mélanie Laurent, Isla Fisher, Dave Franco, Michael Caine, and Morgan Freeman. Directed by Louis Leterrier. Rated PG-13.
- A girl is shrunk down and must help a tiny civilization to save the forest from the rot, all while trying to get back to normal. The movie is like a cross between Ferngully and Spiderwick Chronicles. This is based on a children’s book by William Joyce and with the movie story by him. He is also the same person in charge of Rise of the Guardians. Probably my favorite of the week.
- Stars Beyonce Knowles, Colin Farrell, Josh Hutcherson, Amanda Seyfried, Johnny Knoxville, Aziz Ansari, Jason Sudeikis, Steven Tyler, Blake Anderson, and Judah Friedlander. Directed by Chris Wedge. Rated PG.
- The book from 1925 that you probably had to read in High School comes to life again as a a 3D movie with music from the modern era. Originally it was supposed to come out December 2012 but they changed the release date to May 2013
- Stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan, Amitabh Bachchan, Joel Edgerton, Isla Fisher, Elizabeth Debicki, and Jason Clarke. Directed by Baz Luhrmann. Rated PG-13.
What is wrong with Mark Walhberg’s head!?
- This movie is based on a true story, though while the movie is promoted as more of an action comedy, the real story is much more gruesome. The source is a series of newspaper articles that were complied into a book called Pain & Gain. It’s a story about bodybuilders that kidnap, extort, torture, and murder in order to get money and contain things that get out of control. However pretty much nothing about the movie is like real life. Dwayne Johnson’s character (The Rock) doesn’t really exist and is an amalgamation of several characters and the plot is only vaguely like the real story. Also there is quite the controversy with the victim’s family as they say it glorifies what the gang did.
- Stars Mark Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson, Anthony Mackie, Tony Shalhoub, and Ed Harris. Directed by Michael Bay. Rated R.
- This is a biopic about Jackie Robinson, who was the first African-American baseball player to break the baseball color line. Also this is strangest role that I think I’ve seen Harrison Ford in along with odd music choice for the trailer for a period film.
- Stars Chadwick Boseman and Harrison Ford. Directed by Brian Helgeland. Rated PG-13.