Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
– The first spin-off Star Wars story and doesn’t focus on the Skywalkers. The daughter of the developer of the Death Star goes on a deadly mission to steal the plans for the weapon before it can be used and discover the secret flaw that her father left in its design. However, be warned on if you were expecting this to end on a positive note. It does however, go straight into the original Star Wars and does feature the return of James Earl Jones as the voice of Darth Vader.
– Stars Felicity Jones, Mads Mikkelsen, Ben Mendelsohn, Alan Tudyk, Donnie Yen, Forest Whitaker, Diego Luna, Riz Ahmed, Anthony Daniels, Jiang Wen, James Earl Jones, and Guy Henry. Directed by Gareth Edwards. Rated PG-13.
– A formerly successful business man suffers from depression and writes letters to Love, Time, and Death. His friends, thinking he’s crazy, hope to help him move on but also declare him incompetent so they can save their jobs. However, things may be more than what any of them had planned as they all learn to cope with where they are in life.
– Stars Will Smith, Helen Mirren, Edward Norton, Michael Pena, Naomie Harris, Keira Knightley, Kate Winslet, and Jacob Lattimore. Directed by David Frankel. Rated PG-13.
Manchester by the Sea
– A depressed man working as a janitor discovers that he has to take care of his nephew after the death of his brother. He’s forced to return to his home, Manchester-by-the-Sea, and confront the past he left behind. This is notable for being produced by Amazon.
– Stars Casey Affleck, Kyle Chandler, Tate Donovan, Gretchen Mol, and Michelle Williams. Directed by Kenneth Lonergan. Rated R.