– Blackhat stars Chris Hemsworth and is about a blackhat hacker that is a world security risk by hacking dangerous facilities. Nicolas Hathaway, in jail for previous hacking, is let free in order to track down and stop the dangerous hacker and prevent him from doing any serious damage as they travel the world to find him.
– Stars Chris Hemsworth, Tang Wei, Viola Davis, Ritchie Coster, Holt McCallany, Yorick van Wageningen, and Wang Leehom. Directed by Michael Mann. Rated R.
– After being recast (and I think delayed but I can’t find any references) Paddington finally arrives in theaters. The movie is based on the series of Paddington Bear stories, though most might be familiar with the various cartoons that have aired over the years as well. This movie is a Live Action/CGI version of that with Paddington coming from a race of talking bears with an affinity for Marmalade while an evil taxidermist (played by an interesting Nicole Kidman in the role) is trying to take Paddington and stuff him as part of her collection. Originally Colin Firth was the voice of Paddington but late 2014, he was replaced by Ben Whishaw.
– Stars Hugh Bonneville, Sally Hawkins, Julie Walters, Jim Broadbent, Peter Capaldi, Nicole Kidman, and Ben Whishaw. Directed by Paul King. Rated PG.
– Starring Kevin Hart and Josh Gad, The Wedding Ringer is about newly engaged Doug who has no real friends to be his best man and his groomsmen for his upcoming wedding. Instead of telling the truth, he makes up the names of all of them and goes to a professional best man to help him out of the situation. However things are easier said than done, especially when Doug starts to make real friendships with the hired help and must try to keep things a secret from his bride-to-be and everyone else.
– Stars Kevin Hart, Josh Gad, Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting, Jorge Garcia and Olivia Thirlby. Directed by Jeremy Garelick. Rated R.
– American Sniper is based on the memoir of the same name by Chris Kyle and being the deadliest sniper in USA history. Chris Kyle (from Texas) serves several tours for the military in Iraq and Afghanistan, even getting a bounty on his head by others. However, things back home don’t go as easy as he thought. Do note that this is also one of those “based on a true story” movies and some things have been embellished. ALso be aware the real life story of Chris Kyle doesn’t have a happy end and is mentioned in the movie.
– Stars Bradley Cooper and Sienna Miller. Directed by Clint Eastwood. Rated R.