Star Trek Beyond
– During the Starship Enterprise’s five-year mission in deep space, the Enterprise is attacked and the crew is forced to land on a mysterious planet. The crew is tracked by the alien dictator Krall, who gains energy from draining the lifeforce of his victims, on his search for an ancient artifact that was aboard the Enterprise. We weren’t very impressed with Star Trek Into Darkness but Star Trek Beyond has a couple of things going in its favor with Justin Lin replacing JJ Abrams and Simon Pegg was one of the writers. Sadly during the production of Star Trek Beyond, Leonard Nimoy passed away and Anton Yelchin died in a terrible car accident caused a car under recall.
– Stars John Cho, Simon Pegg, Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Anton Yelchin, and Idris Elba. Directed by Justin Lin. Rated PG-13.
Ice Age: Collision Course
– The fifth Ice Age movie and sequel to Ice Age: Continental Drift from 2012. This time, the squirrel Scrat finds an alien spaceship on his search for an acorn and rearranges the solar system (or perhaps the universe) and causes several asteroids on a collision course with Earth. The asteroids for some reason exhibit strange electro-magnetic properties, making the group look for Geotopia to somehow stop the asteroid from destroying Earth. I’m hoping this all makes sense in the movie because for now that makes my head hurt.
– Stars Ray Romano, John Leguizamo, Denis Leary, Queen Latifah, Seann William Scott, Josh Peck, Simon Pegg, Jennifer Lopez, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Jessie J, Keke Palmer,
Adam DeVine, Wanda Sykes, Melissa Rauch, Michael Strahan, Nick Offerman, Stephanie Beatriz, Max Greenfield, Lilly Singh, and Chris Wedge. Directed by Mike Thurmeier & Galen T. Chu. Rated PG.
– An older sister, Rebecca, discovers that her little brother is having the same fears of the dark that haunted her for years. She discovers that her mother, Sophie, has an attachment to a spirit of a friend from a mental institution from her childhood that was allergic to light. But now the spirit of her friend, Diane, is out for revenge on anyone that tries to take Sophie away from her or make her more mentally stable.
– Stars Teresa Palmer, Gabriel Bateman, Billy Burke, and Maria Bello. Directed by David F. Sandberg. Rated PG-13.