– The latest release in the Alien franchise and sequel to 2012’s Prometheus, though is still a prequel to the rest of the Alien franchise. In Alien: Covenant, the new colony ship “Covenant” is on its way across the galaxy to start a new colony along with thousands of colonist in cryogenic sleep. However, their journey is interrupted as they discover the uncharted planet where the Prometheus ended up. As you would expect with the alien franchise, the crew is attacked by new aliens as they struggle to survive.
– Stars Michael Fassbender, Katherine Waterston, Billy Crudup, Danny McBride, Demián Bichir. Directed by Ridley Scott. Rated R.
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul
– The fourth movie in an increasingly confusing franchise, since The Long Haul is a direct sequel to Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days but since that was released in 2012 and the kids have aged out of their roles, an entirely new cast is taking over. But this is still not a reboot! The Heffley family go on cross-country road-trip to their great-grandma’s 90th birthday. Greg discovers that a video game convention is happening in the same town with his favorite YouTube star as a featured guest and schemes of a way to go to the convention instead of his great-grandma’s birthday party.
– Stars Jason Drucker, Owen Asztalos, Charlie Wright, Alicia Silverstone, and Tom Everett Scott. Directed by David Bowers. Rated PG.
– Everything, Everything is based on a 2015 novel “Everything, Everything” about an 18-year-old girl that suffers from SCID (bubble boy disease) and can’t leave her house. But a boy moves in next door and the two fall in love and together they risk everything so that they can spend time together and she can see the ocean. Don’t expect this one to end up very happy.
– Stars Amandla Stenberg, Nick Robinson, Anika Noni Rose, Ana de la Reguera, and Taylor Hickson. Directed by Stella Meghie. Rated PG-13.