Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
– The sequel to 2012’s Jack Reacher with Tom Cruise still playing the character vastly different than what he is supposed to look like in the books. Army Major Susan Turner has helped Jack Reacher in the past and has been framed for treason. Jack, hoping to prove her innocence, discovers a government conspiracy involving killing soldiers and that he may even have a child he didn’t even know about.
– Stars Tom Cruise, Cobie Smulders, Aldis Hodge, Danika Yarosh, Patrick Heusinger, Holt McCallany, Austin Hebert, Robert Catrini, Robert Knepper, and Jessica Stroup. Directed by Edward Zwick. Rated PG-13.
Keeping Up with the Joneses
– An average suburban couple gets intimidated when the seemingly perfect couple, The Joneses, move in next door. They soon discover that their new neighbors are actually spies and get entangled in a dangerous plot that they must go along with if they all will escape with their lives.
– Stars Zach Galifianakis, Jon Hamm, Isla Fisher, Gal Gadot, Maribeth Monroe, Michael Liu, Matt Walsh, Ari Shaffir, Patton Oswalt, Kevin Dunn, Jona Xiao, Henry Boston, and Jack McQuaid. Directed by Greg Mottola. Rated PG-13.
Boo! A Madea Halloween
– The 8th Madea movie and only the second one not to be originally based on a play. While the trailer made it seem different than it was and a funny ad campaign, basically Madea gets involved in a Halloween frat party and people try to play pranks on her in revenge of getting a party cancelled.
– Stars Tyler Perry, Cassi Davis, Patrice Lovely, Bella Thorne, Diamond White, Liza Koshy, Lexy Panterra, Yousef Erakat, Andre Hall, and Brock O’Hurn. Directed by Tyler Perry. Rated PG-13.
Ouija: Origin of Evil
– The prequel to the 2014 Ouija movie, though I’m not sure how much it is really related other than using the Ouija board. In this movie, set in 1967 Los Angles, a widowed mother and her two daughters run a scam seance business. Trying to take things up a notch to attract more business, the youngest daughter ends up being possessed by an evil spirit and torments the family.
– Stars Elizabeth Reaser, Annalise Basso, Lin Shaye, Lulu Wilson, Henry Thomas, Parker Mack, Halle Charlton, Alexis G. Zall, Doug Jones, Kate Siegel, Sam Anderson, Ele Keats, Nicholas Keenan, and Michael Weaver. Directed by Mike Flanagan. Rated PG-13.