– Based off the book of the same name, the story is a little bit of a mess. The story takes place over several different time periods, and have the stories interconnect, with the same actors playing different characters through it all. It is vaguely supposed to be about reincarnation but most people say it’s too ambitiousness without really pulling it off.
– Rated R. Stars Tom Hanks, Halle Berry, Jim Broadbent, Hugo Weaving, Jim Sturgess, Doona Bae, Ben Whishaw, James D’Arcy. Zhou Xun, Keith David, David Gyasi, Susan Sarandon, and Hugh Grant. Directed by Tom Tykwer, Lana Wachowski, and Andy Wachowski.
– This is based on the true story of Jay Moriarity as he made friends with a veteran surfer so that he could surf massive waves known as Mavericks. The sad thing is that Jay Moriarity passed away in a diving accident right before his 23rd birthday.
– Rated PG. Stars Gerard Butler, Leven Rambin, Jonny Weston, Elisabeth Shue, Abigail Spencer, and Taylor Handley. Directed by Curtis Hanson and Michael Apted.
Silent Hill: Revelation
– A sequel to the 2006 Silent Hill horror movie, a father and daughter have been running from Silent Hill until they are finally sucked in and have to deal with the other dimension of hell. (At least this is what I’ve been able to gather.)
– Rated R. Stars Adelaide Clemens, Kit Harington, Deborah Kara Unger, Martin Donovan, Malcolm McDowell, Carrie-Anne Moss, and Sean Bean. Directed by Michael J. Bassett.
– A teen comedy, so that may speak to the quality of the movie right off the bat. A high school senior is forced to take her younger brother trick or treating, while she rather go to a party with her younger boyfriend. Then mischief and mayhem ensue.
– Rated PG-13. Stars Victoria Justice, Jane Levy, Thomas McDonell, and Chelsea Handler. Directed by Josh Schwartz.