Welcome to our episode for November 07, 2014!
We’re back with another episode and this week there’s Toy Story 4 on it’s way, tons of trailers, some Agent Carter sneak peeks, and some TV cancellations. In Talk Nerdy to Me there’s tons of Marvel news, more on the Marvel/Attack on Titan crossover, Blizzard releasing Overwatch, and Adult Swim’s Too Many Cooks has taken over the internet.
It’s an extremely video heavy episode, so be forewarned. But it’s definitely worth it.
Be sure to subscribe to us in iTunes, and give us a review. Comment here to show us you care! And by all means, feel free to donate to us!
“My Geek Confessions – Watching Bad Movies, So You Don’t Have To!”
- First is the first trailer for the new Despicable Me spin-off, Minions. The only problem that I have with it, is it makes them immortal things that either are legitimately evil or actually a force for good by killing of the worst of humanity.
- From the director of District 9 comes his newest sci-fi venture, Chappie and it’s trailer featuring a AI robot. Plus Hugh Jackman as the bad guy!
- The new Into The Woods trailer has actual singing! Johnny Depp still looks weird as the Wolf though.
- One movie I’ve been meaning to review forever is Iron Sky, where Nazi’s from the moon invade the Earth in the future. It’s a terrible satire on purpose that’s worth a watch. But now they are trying to make Iron Sky 2, with this new trailer that is for their IndieGoGo campaign to get the actual film made. So if you want to see evil future Sarah Palin look-a-like meeting a lizard Hitler riding a T-Rex, this is a movie that you should sponsor. Go donate here.
- Galavant is the new musical event series from ABC with songs by Alan Menkin that finally had it’s premiere set on January 4th, 2015. Definitely check out this fun musical trailer for the series.
- During last weeks Marvel 75th anniversary special on ABC last week, Marvel premiered our first look at Agent Carter with Howard Stark and Edwin Jarvis. Plus our first shots of on-site filming of Ant-Man shots and Age of Ultron (hint: also maybe our first look at The Vision?).
- The Lifetime channel has graced us with a trailer for “Grumpy Cat’s Worst Christmas Ever” and a fake audition tape for Aubrey Plaza. While I’m not sure that this needed to be made, I will give it credit for completely not taking itself seriously.
- Just in time for Daylight Saving Time, we have the excellent Daylight Saving Time: The Movie by Nacho Punch.
- Captain America: Winter Soldier recut as a cliche 80s movie with additional scenes complete with bad tracking.
- From HISHE (How It Should Have Ended) is back with another LEGO Movie follow up with Lego Batman is Jelly from how it should have ended
- Blizzard’s Overwatch is their first new intellectual property in 17 years. It’s a first person shooter but so far the best thing about it is this cinematic trailer that I would totally watch a series of. Sadly it looks like the game isn’t anything like this.
- Catch this great genderswapped shot for shot remake of the original Ghostbusters Trailer made by students.
- Too Many Cooks is one of the newest weird shorts from Adult Swim as part of their Infomercial block. However, it totally became the latest viral sensation and has some great moments as it’s 11 minutes of opening credit parodies. The theme song will totally get stuck in your head, if you can remember 11 minutes of words.