Welcome to our episode for March 20, 2015!
We find out that John Williams will not be scoring a few important movies, we give our theories on the live action Beauty & The Beast, and the comic Chrononauts will be turned into a movie. In TV news, George R.R. Martin skips Comic-Con, Sherlock goes back in time for a Christmas Special, and some interesting casting for The Preacher.
Then in Talk Nerdy to Me, Joseph Gordon-Levitt brings us Fraggle Rock, lots of Marvel comics will end at the end of Secret Wars, RDJ pimps the HTC One with some weird videos, and we have lots of other videos that are worth your time.
Be sure to subscribe to us in iTunes, and give us a review. Comment here to show us you care! And by all means, feel free to donate to us!
“My Geek Confessions – Watching Bad Movies, So You Don’t Have To!”
- The trailer for Rooster Teeth’s movie live action Lazer Team after a successful IndieGoGo. Aliens are going to invade and the special suit that was going to be donned by Earth’s champion has mistakenly donned by 4 idiots who must now work together to save the world. It looks silly but I’m very interested to see how this movie turns out.
- We’ve been talking about the movie Pixels for a while now and finally a trailer dropped that gives a interesting look at what this movie will be with Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Peter Dinklage, and more.
- Last Week Tonight with John Oliver talks about the NCAA for 20 minutes about how hypocritical the whole “student athlete” is and how they go out of their way not to pay their players even though they make billions of dollars off of them.
- Because this isn’t a “trailer” this spot wasn’t announced or had a special event like the others, but this Avengers: Age of Ultron TV Spot is one of the best trailer so far. Especially when you see Thor and Captain America working together in the coolest way possible.
- Japan finally dropped a super short trailer for the Attack on Titan Live Action Movie. While it’s short and looks very different by looking like it takes place in modern day Japan, we’re still excited to see how the movie will turn out.
- Capitalizing on all the pop culture, LEGO has a new game coming out for Jurassic World. Now while it says that it’s Jurassic World, it actually looks like it combines a lot of elements from the original Jurassic Park as well which totally rockets this into greatness. Take a look at the trailer for LEGO Jurassic World trailer.
- “Marvels” is a sort of rap music video by Jason Chu that stars Hudson Yang from Fresh off the Boat. I don’t know how accurate it is to the real life of Jason Chu but even if not it sends a good message and shows a lot of varying types of comic fans as they have grown up as well. (I say sort of rap because this isn’t what I would normally associate with rap but I’m also out of the loop)
- Right in time for the new lice action version, the guys at Screen Junkies released a new Honest Trailer for the Disney animated Cinderella from the 1950’s.
- We’ve slacked on checking out How It Should Have Ended but we are rectifying that with two videos from them! First is How It Should Have Ended: How to Train Your Dragon 2 (which is very accurate on the point of accents) and second is X-men: Days of Future Past that not only talks about the lack of Quicksilver but also what should have been fixed with the time travel.
Talk Nerdy to Me
Robert Downey, Jr. Just Made 10 Insane Short Films About the New HTC One Phone – Lots of insane short films from Robert Downey Jr. promoting HTC One