Welcome to our episode for May 01, 2015!
This episode is late due to our anniversary so everyone thanks for your understanding. We review Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2, are happy that Kingsman: The Secret Service is getting a sequel, laugh that 50 Shades Darker has a teaser trailer but literally nothing else, and are surprised that Justin Bieber actually looks a lot like Zoolander. Then in TV News, we forgot to mention that Comcast/Time Warner Cable merger is dead, Hulu pays a ton for all of Seinfeld, and Netflix decides to make Green Eggs and Ham.
Then in Talk Nerdy to Me, the Magi: The Kingdom of Magic dub gets a surprise release on NetFlix, Dragon Ball gets a new series for the first time in 18 years (that we predicted was coming), Age of Ultron may be having an extended director’s cut, and Free Comic Book Day is upon us!
Compared to our last few episodes, not as many videos but there are still a fair amount so be warned.
Be sure to subscribe to us in iTunes, and give us a review. Comment here to show us you care! And by all means, feel free to donate to us!
“My Geek Confessions – Watching Bad Movies, So You Don’t Have To!”
- This is hands down the funniest video of the week. Stan Lee teaches cameo acting in this great commercial for Audi directed by Kevin Smith that barely even features the brand. Not only that but many other stars show up for their own cameos and make lots of different references! If you watch only one this week, make sure you watch this one.
- Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) visits the sings about his superpowers on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. To the tune of “Thinking Out Loud” by Ed Sheeran, Hawkeye even has pictures to illustrate his “superpowers” as he shows up in costume.
- Chris Pratt was also on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon to singing a nonsense version of Uptown Funk and doing surprisingly well despite it making no sense whatsoever. The second song isn’t as good but the nonsense Uptown Funk is surprisingly great.
- We finally have a trailer for Disney’s Descendants, featuring the children of Disney Villains going to High School. We can see that the movie definitely looks like…something. Really it looks like a weird version of Fairy Tale High School Musical. However it could be so self-aware and corny that it could be fun to watch.
- Chris Evans scares the crap out of Scarlett Johansson on Ellen with a great setup.
- Sesame Street has had some adult pop culture parody references lately, many that would go over most kids heads while being entertaining. But here’s one that almost everyone should be able to recognize, an Avengers: Age of Ultron parody. So Sesame Street has with Aveggies: Age of Bon Bon with Cookie Monster as a bumbling Hulk type that keeps wrecking the Aveggies weapons until he goes Hulk to stop the evil dessert.
Even Hollywood Has Some Major Doubts About Warner Bros.’ DC Movie-verse – A really great read that confirms a lot of our fears
Talk Nerdy to Me
Jared Leto’s New Joker Already Has An Epic Set Of Memes – Check out this link for a ton of great memes based on Jared Leto Joker