Welcome to our episode for September 18, 2015!
We have the new Disney’s Jungle Book trailer, Mary Poppins gets an ill-advised sequel, and Charlie’s Angel’s gets a reboot. In TV news, The Mist becomes a TV series, Sharknado gets a mockumentary, and Schwarzenegger takes over the Apprentice.
Then in Talk Nerdy to Me, Mario’s name is confirmed as Mario Mario, Ace Attorney gets an anime, Tomorrowland makes a clever promo for ToxiCosmos, and Honest Trailers and How It Should Have Ended serve up some great content.
Be sure to subscribe to us in iTunes, and give us a review. Comment here to show us you care! And by all means, feel free to donate to us!
“My Geek Confessions – Watching Bad Movies, So You Don’t Have To!”
- Disney finally released the first trailer for their live action version of the Jungle Book. This is opposed to the other live action version of Jungle Book being produced, the previous live action Jungle Book that Disney did in the 1990s and the Jungle Book cartoon that this new movie is based on.
- While I still think that Tomorrowland was the number 1 most underrated movie of the summer and that everyone should go see it as soon as it’s on video, this promo for the movie on video is extremely meta but fascinating and hilarious. You see, in the movie Tomorrowland, to show that humanity has become obsessed with negative and depressing things, including in entertainment, it’s shown in the background several times that the movie ToxiCosmos 3 is soon being released in theaters. This is a trailer for the fake movie, but the trail gets even more interesting from there. You see, the channel is for ToxiCosmos3, and links you to their site (which also shows you that you can follow their twitter and even buy themed T-shirts). It’s revealed that ToxiCosmos is produced by Quarter Minus Entertainment which not only is the opposite of the group Plus Ultra in Tomorrowland, but also uses Plus Ultra’s logo upside down! Add to that, the trailer says that audiences chose the depressing, post apocalyptic films of the summer over the more positive Tomorrowland by actually showing footage of the some of those films. Honestly I think it’s a brilliant piece of guerilla marketing, along with a lot of what they had done with the lead up to the movie that I think was so fun but sadly missed by the general public.
- The guys at Screen Junkies are back again with two new Honest Trailers. The first one is the Honest Trailer for Furious 7, which explains just how ridiculous the movies have really gotten and that they’ve had “one last ride” for seven movies. The other is for the Frozen Fever short which is nearly as long as the short itself, that made me realize that they reused many of the same shots to save on rendering time and that still nobody understands Elsa’s powers.
- This next video isn’t directly an Honest Trailer but does feature the voice behind the series in a very clever ad promoting Hotels.com being incredibly meta and funny that is effective advertising
- How It Should Have Ended is celebrating 10 years (that makes me feel old) with a great parody of Batman V Superman (and Superhero Cafe in general) AND Taylor Swift’s Bad Blood by mixing in characters from many of their greatest hits over the years into the great music video.
- Lastly, here is an English trailer for the recently announced Kingdom Hearts 2.8 mix for the PS4 with a mix like 2.5 with Dream Drop Distance, Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover, and Birth by Sleep before the release of Kingdom Hearts 3 on the PS4.
Seriously, Hunger Games Marketing Department? Seriously?! – I won’t embed this just in case of spoilers but watch the new trailer there.
Talk Nerdy to Me
Shigeru Miyamoto Confirms Mario’s Full Name During 30th Anniversary Conference – Honestly the best, most glorious, hilarious news of the week!