Welcome to our episode for February 28, 2014!
We apologize that the episode is late but parents came in town and wouldn’t give us enough time to record.
This week, we have news of a Minecraft movie in the works, along with more Spider-Man, and even Space Jam 2. In TV news, we know why NBC moved the Tonight Show to New York, Heroes is coming back even though no one asked for it, and there’s more casting for Supernatural: Tribes.
In Talk Nerdy to Me, there are lots of videos, plus the sad news that Harold Ramis passed away but Ghostbusters is supposedly still on its way.
It’s an extremely video heavy episode, so we apologize in advance.
Be sure to subscribe to us in iTunes, and give us a review. Comment here to show us you care! And by all means, feel free to donate to us!
“My Geek Confessions – Watching Bad Movies, So You Don’t Have To!”
- Here is the Guardians of the Galaxy Movie Poster, and it is fantastic with the tagline of “You’re Welcome.” I hope that this movie is as fun as they make it out to be.
- We haven’t featured a “Homemade” or “Sweded” video in a while but this definitely is worth mentioning. In this video, they are doing a shot for shot remake of the Rufio fight scene in Hook. What makes this even better is they have Rufio himself, Dante Basco, playing Rufio.
- Now that the Olympics are over, we have one more video to show. This shows what Speed Skating would be like if they added Mario Kart type power-ups until it reaches its inevitable gruesome end.
- NASA’s Spitzer Space Telescope has a great video that teaches the difference between Nuclear Fusion and Fission. What makes it even better is that they have the voice of GLaDOS as an evil computer explaining it to two NASA workers as they try to hook up her to the network. It’s fun and educational, and in the credits is a blink and you miss it reference that says that the evil computer system is known as “NASA’s Official Talking General Leisure and Diversion Operational Server” aka “NOTGLaDOS.”
- There have been a few fun Frozen “Let It Go” parodies but this might be one of my favorites. It’s enough to make you want to change broadcast areas as Bob Herzog, a weatherman in Ohio, will do music parodies on Fridays. But this one was on epic levels, making fun of people who still go out on the streets in bad weather with “Just Don’t Go.”
- Here is a short commercial for Captain America: Winter Soldier that could potentially reveal some spoilers. But it was a broadcast commercial so we decided to let you be the judge.
- We’re really excited for Muppet’s Most Wanted and they are really starting to amp up their marketing for the film. First is a new trailer giving a bit more focus on the villains of the film, and second is a VERY meta music video (which might be in the movie?) called “We’re Doing a Sequel.”
- Lastly is the first real trailer for the new Godzilla movie. I have to admit I had no idea that Bryan Cranston was going to be in the film, but I will say that it did make the movie sound much more interesting. Well, besides the trailer looking very cool.